At Amaroq Explorers we are committed to the health and well-being of all, which is why we have taken the necessary measures to adapt our work methodology to the need to manage the risk of COVID-19 infection.
The Secretary of State for Tourism in coordination with the Ministry of Health has developed specification guidelines for the reduction of SARS-VOC-2 coronavirus infection. The guides contain service specifications, cleaning and disinfection, maintenance and risk management for the different subsectors of the tourism sector. We follow these action protocols that we put at your disposal.
As guides belonging to the AEGM (Spanish Association of Mountain Guides) we also follow the protocol established by the association.
We will also be vigilant and update our protocols to achieve maximum security and comply with the highest standards of protection against viruses.
1.- Regarding the hiring of activities and reception of our clients:
– The contracting of the activities will always be done through internet. We will provide, as is our custom, all possible information to our customers by email before the start of the activity. Documentation includes the list of equipment and materials and anti-COVID-19 recommendations
– We will inform our client that he will not be able to participate in the activity if he has had any symptoms compatible with COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Likewise, the guide will cancel the activity or be replaced by another partner, if he / she suffers any symptoms in the 14 days prior to the activity.
– We will facilitate the signing of contracts by electronic means. In case of receiving customers in our Base Camp, the space will faithfully comply with all health recommendations in terms of disinfection, having hydroalcoholic gels, respecting the capacity to ensure sufficient space between customers, prioritizing those participants in the same reservation or family, avoiding joining them with others from another reservation.
– We recommend NO attendance at activities to people belonging to at-risk groups (over 60 years old, people with cardiovascular disease, untreated hypertension, chronic lung disease, diabetes, cancer or immunosuppression and pregnant women).
– We advise people who wish to participate in an activity to bring their own masks and hydroalcoholic gel.
2.- Regarding the organization of the activities:
– Ratios: We will try to guarantee a minimum distance between customers of 2 meters (Except if they are from the same family). In this exceptional situation we will try to prioritize the hygiene and sanitary security, but always taking into account and valuing the personal circumstances of each group.
At Amaroq Explorers the ratios have always been low, because we believe that it is a factor that helps to achieve the highest quality of activity.
The ratios proposed by the AEGM (Spanish Association of Mountain Guides are as follows.
Phase 1 and 2: maximum 6 clients per guide.
Phase 3: maximum 8 customers per guide.
(These ratios are already the ones we usually work with).
– Routes: As usual in our country, we avoid very popular routes that may become crowded and we always take into account the specific regulations for each place.
– Transportation: We recommend that customers from different backgrounds do not share a vehicle or guide it with customers. (Under normal circumstances we encourage the shared use of the vehicle whenever possible)
(If it is inevitable to share a vehicle, we will comply with the measures dictated by the competent authorities).
2.1 Anti-COVID-19 sanitary hygiene material for guides:
- 4 surgical masks.
- 3 pairs of latex or nitrile gloves.
- Biodegradable disinfectant gel or spray can.
Other recommended materials:
- Sunglasses and / or transparent, if possible, that cover the eyes completely.
- Individual sunscreen.
- Clothing with pockets that allows us to carry protective and disinfection material during the activity.
If activity gloves (mountain or technical gloves) are to be worn, they will always be disinfected at the end of the activity.
- Cap with visor.
- Several plastic bags. To be able to manage waste safely and then be able to proceed with its treatment / deposit.
We remind you that the use of sanitary hygiene equipment will be necessary as long as the distance measures cannot be respected.
2.2.- Customer material
- Customers, as far as possible, will bring their own equipment / material that they will not share with anyone.
- The material / equipment we provide will be prepared for each client.
- The previously disinfected material / equipment will be delivered, in an open space, or in shifts if it is in a closed space maintaining the safety distances and with the appropriate PPE.
- We will carry a jar with a hydroalcoholic solution for hand washing in all activities, for the use of customers. We still advise you to bring your own.
3.- Development of the activities
– As far as possible, we will make stops to manage and avoid unnecessary risks.
– The meeting point with our clients will be done, preferably, at the starting point of the activity or the journey on foot.
– Whenever possible, we will receive participants in an open place. It will not be necessary to wear a mask and gloves while complying with the relevant spacing measures.
– We will keep the distance between the participants and the guide regarding them.
– In the greeting, much to our regret, we will avoid physical contact.
– To the usual explanation about the activity to be carried out, we will add the specific indications on the measures to be adopted during the activity to avoid the risk of contagion to achieve their understanding and collaboration.
– Before the start of the activity, if any client has mild symptoms (cough, cold), unfortunately will not be able to participate in the activity. Prolonged exposure to small infectious doses may increase the likelihood of infection. We will also invite customers to wash their hands with soap and water or disinfectant gel and use it before any other operation.
– The distribution of individual material (and collective in its case), we will do it in an open space and distributing to each person separately to avoid that the same element is manipulated by several people. In the event that a ceded material has to be replaced due to a defect or incorrect size, it will be deposited in a plastic bag and a new one will be provided.
– We will use gloves and a mask to prepare and distribute this material and separate customers from each other so that they can put it on and prepare for the activity.
– Washing hands with soap and water or hydroalcoholic solution after handling common material, or having helped a client.
– Frequently disinfect objects for personal use (mobile phones, glasses, etc.) with soap and water or with a hydroalcoholic solution.
In general, the use of masks is recommended:
In shelter or enclosed spaces.
- At the start and farewell briefing, if the safety distance of 2 meters cannot be maintained.
- During breaks, if the safety distance cannot be maintained.
- In close contact situations to avoid mountain hazards.
- We will keep the interpersonal distance of 2 to 4 m.
- We will limit conversations while moving.
- We will encourage the use of sunglasses or transparent.
- We will control the pace and speed of progress and warn the group in advance when making stops to avoid congestion.
- We will respect interpersonal distance during the crossing with other groups, if applicable.
- We will maintain the level of effort and avoid changes of pace.
- We will wash our hands after using artificial elements such as cables, railings, etc.
- In zigzags and steep areas, we will avoid stopping just above or below another person (s).
- With strong wind we will use a mask.
- If you need help with any technical steps, we will put on gloves and a mask.
During the stops:
- We will keep the interpersonal safety distance, minimum 2 m.
- We will put on masks to talk safely when it is necessary to reduce the distance or make wind.
- We will avoid communicating very loudly, coughing or sneezing.
- We will not exchange material, food, drink, sunscreen, lip cream, etc.
4.- At the end of the activity
– We will again use a large open space to remove the equipment, separated from each other.
– We will deposit all individual and collective equipment in bags
– We will disinfect the sanitary hygiene material not usually used before and after the activity.
– We will discard all non-reusable sanitary hygiene material according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
– We will wash and disinfect the clothes used during the activity. We will be especially careful with hats and panties for the neck or similar because of the proximity to our face.
– We will properly disinfect all technical material. Health authorities recommend products like OX-Virin for this. According to its manufacturer it does not damage the textile materials, or of another type, on which it is applied. This information is not corroborated by the manufacturers of mountain equipment.
– We the guides have the responsibility to make a personal follow-up of our health.
5.- Table of materials
Finally, we must not forget that before COVID-19 we all have a social responsibility to avoid any contagion and we thank our customers for the effort and attention involved in being diligent and carry out these measures, which we hope will be something storm.
To all of you,
thank you very much for your collaboration.